Friday, October 22, 2010

Puzzles













Life is filled with puzzles. From the hardest calculus problem (which I would never get right) to figuring out how to work the damn DVR remote (still a work in progress).

I like to figure things out and solve problems....I blame those god forsaken psychology classes. Crosswords, word searches, almost anything except those Soduku things...can't figure them out. However, jigsaw puzzles are my favorite.

Over the years, I have probably done close to 100 of them. From underwater seascapes to Disney movie scenes to historic monuments and so on. The one question I get asked Is "Why????" My response, "Why not????" I could be watching television, reading a book, messing around on Facebook. It really does relax me....kinda the way a 40 oz. relaxes a wino.

The other day I was thinking...as all smart people should.....that I've done all these puzzles and I hardly ever keep any. I give them away to basically anyone who wants them. I did keep a few for my daughters and a chosen few for myself....but not many. So I decided to keep a record of them...for posterity purposes. So here are the only ones I still currently own.

In the future, I would like to keep more, frame a couple....but really, as sick as it sounds, I just love hearing the sound of puzzle pieces sift through my fingers. And, hopefully, out of 1000 pieces, 1 won't be missing. Maybe I should play marbles instead. I already know I've lost those.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...the puzzles. That's why you're so smart and patient!

    ReplyDelete