Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am thankful for..........

.......my beautiful wife. Without her, I would be lost. She is the one person in my life that can honestly tell me to shut the hell up and be nice about it. I owe so much to her and there just isn't enough time to tell her all about it.

.......my daughter Jaden. My little princess, my over-acter, my first born child. Almost 4 years ago we stared at her in the hopitol through a viewing glass, wondering if we would get to hold her, watching little snot bubbles come out of her nose. She certainly gave us a scare. Today, as much as I hate answering the same question over...and over...and over....and over again...I love her.


.......my daughter Caitlyn. My future linebacker. What a pain in the ass. If there was ever a child my hard headed or stubborn. However, that's what makes here unique. It isn't everyday you could love someone so much and want to throw them through a window at the same time. But it's the smile that always makes me remember that I truly do love her.


.......my brother Corey and sister Jennifer. Haven't always had the best relationship. I'm sure we wanted to kill each other on numerous occasions. I am thankful for the fact we are talking and relating more then we probably ever have. I'm glad to say that they are as part of my life and I do love them.

.......my parents. To say things are strained when their together is an understatement. But they both handle things in their own way. And I know if I need their help, I will get it.

.......Kharli and Christian. Even though I am not their real father, I try to help out anyway I can. They don't always agree with me and vise versa, we manage the beat we can. I 'm thankful their here.

.......my New York friends. To say I'm a bit homesick is an understatement. Even though we don't talk that often, it's comfort to know that I could if needed. This past summer, I was able to introduce my children to some of you and others had already seen them. A special thanks to Andrew Jacobs (I hope he reads this). Probably the closest friend I've had in the past 20 years. Good to know that he's around.

.......my job. Not necessarily the job itself, but the fact I have one!

Looking back over the years, things have come and gone. Remembering the Thanksgivings we used to have with Sue, Arnie, Brett and Glenn. Thank goodness for videotape. The future may be just as wacky. Here's hoping everyone is thankful for what they have right now. Tomorrow.....well, Hanukkah is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment